01 September 2009

Day One of Project "bore you to death every day for a month"

So I'm tired.  Like extremely tired, as a result for tossing and turning all night long having quick 20 minute dreams that I was alternating between plowing fields in Facebook Farmtown and getting in a fight with football hooligans.  This actually marks day three of no sleep which means that if I don't fall asleep properly tonight, there may be blood.  I cannot promise you it will be my own.

From time to time this happens to me.  I'll get in some sort of sleeping rut and for days on end, no matter how physically and mentally depleted I am, I won't be able to sleep.  Typically this is just a basic "can't fall to sleep" over a "wake up all night long", but when it gets bad, it's both.  And it's been bad.  Last time this happened this badly I went 5 days.  At 2 in the morning on the 5th night, I'm on the couch sobbing my eyes out, pleading with my body to shut down.  It wasn't pretty, nor was the nonsensical call I made to my boss letting her know that no, I wasn't actually sick but if I didn't sleep soon, I would be.  She never liked me anyhow.  The two good things that came out of the 5th night was that I finally got to see "Easy Rider" and after my phone call to my bitchy (now) ex boss, I did manage to fall asleep and didn't wake up for 15 hours (and woke up for a measly 2 hours and went back to bed for another 10).

I actually feel a bit bad for complaining about this as I know Beth is out there right now reading this, holding a newborn in her arms, thinking I don't know the half of it.  And it's true, I don't.  I'm not newborn baby tired.  I'm simply "been rock star living for too damn long without break and could just use some peace and quiet" tired.  But at the end of the day (pun!), tired is tired and it makes me long for a preschool moment where I could lay down for a nap on a stinky blue mat with a ratty blanket and with graham cracker crumbs stuck to my cheek.

--
Casey a.k.a. Moe
http://badgerswithknives.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. "But at the end of the day (pun!), tired is tired and it makes me long for a preschool moment where I could lay down for a nap on a stinky blue mat with a ratty blanket and with graham cracker crumbs stuck to my cheek."

    Your wish is my command.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...so sweet.

    Where are you going to get the mat?

    ReplyDelete