15 September 2009

It's all about the cuddles in the kitchen.

So tonight Andy, Dave, and I are going up to see the Arctic Monkeys play at the Hollywood Palladium.   I'm pretty stoked for this show even though physically speaking, I'm feeling less than up for it (as a self diagnosed hypochondriac, I'm convinced I have the swine flu)(not really).  The Arctic Monkeys swung through the LA area about two years ago.  Two years ago I didn't really know who the Arctic Monkeys were so I missed my chance by a country mile ever to see them in a small venue again. 

I'm not a big fan of big stadium concerts.   I used to be, when I was younger, and couldn't give a toss about really hearing the music, or seeing the performers.  Back then it was all about being there, being with your friends, getting injured in mosh pits, finding some older guy to buy you beer, getting the t-shirt that you'd wear every other day faithfully under it deteriorated into threads.   Nowadays, it is about seeing the performers, hearing the music live, and bitching about the high cost of beers at the venue.   I'm a cheap bastard, so if I go to shows now, I'm going to buy the cheapest tickets available, which basically means the bigger the venue, the less likelihood I'm going to see what I paid to see.  For most bands, I would just skip it if they were playing at a bigger venue.  For the Arctic Monkeys, I'd go no matter what.

Here is the song that made me fall in love with the Arctic Monkeys:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x201rz_arctic-monkeys-mardy-bum-live-mtvu_music

Swine flu can wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Good tune! I can't say I am surprised. You always had a good ear for music. Enjoy the concert.

    BH

    ReplyDelete