16 March 2010

Addicted to Picasa

So recently I’ve been incredibly addicted to Picasa, an online photo storage program offered by Google. I pay $5.00 a year for 20 gigs of storage which is incredibly cheap considering the benefit of having an online backup so you don’t have to make hard copies of your photos (or CDs). Not only that but once the photos are uploaded, you can send them directly to Snapfish or Shutterfly to order prints. And no, as a matter of fact, I don’t work for Google - though I certainly wouldn’t turn them down for a job if they asked (not that I could pass their interview process).

One of the reasons why I’m incredibly addicted to Picasa is the face recognition feature. After you tag a few people, it gets really good of guessing for you and all you have to do is confirm that it guessed right. I have literally spent hours tagging people and doing confirmations on Picasa’s guesses. I might be obsessive compulsive but there’s something really satisfying tagging a bunch of albums then using the “Show All Pictures with Mr. So-n-So”. Yes, I am that big of a dork.




To add another level to my twisted sense of humor, I try to pick really funny profile pictures for all my friends. It makes me giggle.

3 comments:

  1. I look like a tard...

    Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my tongue out again. Someone needs to remind me to keep it in my mouth. I will have to try Picasa.

    BH

    ReplyDelete